Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kaiyah's Fault ;)

Warning: My raw experience and feelings follow!

This may be early to announce in some of your judgments but I don't care. You should know by now that I can't keep my mouth shut when there's something juicy to say. I'm pregnant with baby number 3! Some of you know that my plan was to try for one month and only one month. Why? Well with Kaiyah's begging came a nagging feeling of maybe I should be having our last baby now. Maybe Kaiyah already knew something I wasn't ready to accept. My plan was to wait 3 more years from now to have another baby but the nagging feeling wouldn't go away. Thus the one month plan came into action. Basically, I said ok, one month and only one month and if it's meant to be then so be it, otherwise we were waiting a few years.

Now let me clarify the word "try." With Laney we "tried" to get pregnant, night and day, around the clock during prime days of the month, serious, active "trying." Not with this one. There wasn't much "trying" just more of "not protecting." How did this happen? We didn't even have sex during prime baby making days! (Perhaps too much information for some of you). I was almost positive that I wouldn't get pregnant and I could move on without the nagging feeling anymore.

Also it's ironic b/c I took a pregnancy test 5 days before I expected my period, negative results. I was actually sad for the rest of the day, that's the ironic part. Then 3 days later I took another test and the results were one dark pink line and a very slight, barely can see, second pink line (2 pink lines=prego). At this point I was getting nervous and began thinking, no way, I do NOT want to be pregnant! So the next day I take another test and once again 1 pink line and a very slight second pink line. My reaction, extremely nervous but thinking it's a negative result. Then Sunday evening I take my last test and low and behold 2 DARK PINK LINES!! "Oh S**T," were the first words out of my mouth! I could not believe it. Even now, every morning I wake up and I run to the bathroom to see if my period has come.
So this is day 7 of being pregnant and knowing it. Part of me thinks if I miscarry it will be completely ok (thus me announcing it SO early). At least this confirms to me that there is at least one more baby up there waiting. But then and this is another ironic part, a couple days after I found out that I was pregnant I had some slight cramping and when I did I got super nervous that I might miscarry and I got REALLY sad. It's like I want the opposite of whatever the scenario. The timing of this baby isn't the best but that's ok. For today, I am thrilled to be pregnant. Now if it's not a baby boy, Kaiyah will be devastated that she didn't get her baby brother and then we will have a major problem on our hands.

18 comments:

April said...

Holy Cow! I am so excited for you!!! I know all those feelings you mentioned, I have felt them with each pregnancy I've had. So we are both hoping for boys then! I'm sending boy vibes your way. Congrats!

Deon said...

Congratulations!

Tristen said...

Hooray!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you-- I've had all of those feelings also, so I'm thinking they are normal. But of course whatever is right happens, so there isn't much to worry about. We'll pull for a boy also! Seriously, congratulations, what a fun adventure.

Britney said...

YEA!!!! So exciting for you guys!

This post is hilarious! I love the "oh Sh*t" part! That's what I would say if I were prego too :)

I think the 'nagging' is the little one up there telling you 'it's time!" So cute!

Congrats!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! How awesome! I can't believe you didn't tell me, but I guess that's what blogs are for these days, right?

Obviously too much info for me ;), but I'm so happy for you guys... glad you "tried." :)

AP said...

Yeah!!!! We are so excited for you guys. How are you feeeling?

Mindy said...

It is entries like this that keep people reading blogs - we get to read the good juicy stuff! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jeni said...

This is what I love about you, that you speak the juice! I love the open candid reaction too when you found out you were pregnant!

It's amazing how things always work out for the best in an unforseen way. Who would've guessed you'd be pregnant right now? I am SO excited for you, boy or girl. And it's never too early to tell! Juicy secrets are so hard to keep!

Kelly Jensen said...

Yay! Congrats Fertile- Murtle! I am so happy for you! I really think-- when it is supposed to happen- it does- whether you're ready or Not/Protected sex/trying sex/thought it-was-a-dream sex;)/menopausal sex... that baby is going to come if it wants! We are so happy for you. We will be sending BOY thoughts your way-- heaven knows we are good at that;)

Carrie and Jeff said...

Yes! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope you have a boy---so Kaiyah doesn't keep buggin you.

Jeni said...

I love this post. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I guess it was meant to be! I hope Kaiyah gets a little brother! Good luck with the 1st trimester!

Ritters said...

Congrats! Three has the been the best so far. Everyone told me it is the hardest but I have really enjoyed it. Going from one to two was so much harder for me. Zachary always knew he was having a sister so Kayiah may know it too. I hope all goes well.

eileen said...

congrats!
how crazy!! guess it really was meant to be. hope you are feeling well. good luck :)

Bethany said...

well this post just made my day! How funny and how fabulous! I love it. Congrats, you guys.

Rachel Macdonald said...

Congratulations!! I am excited for you guys! Good Luck

Shannon said...

Becca, Becca, Becca! LOL! We didn't really "try" either. Congrats though. You said your last baby...does that mean 3 is your plan? I figure I have to have at least two - beyond that, I don't know! I guess it's too early after baby for that.
Send me your address so I can mail you a birth announcement.

Jen said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!