This past weekend we went to Sacramento so Jeremy could play in a tennis tournament. He lost in singles but won in the finals in doubles (his partner was his older brother Josh). Jeremy has been playing tennis since he was a young boy. He played in High School, Junior College, and for BYU. In fact, it was one of those "hot" things that attracted me to him. He was a collegiate athlete! However, once we got married and I got pregnant I made the biggest regret of my life. Not to mention it's Jeremy's too. I was a few months pregnant, sick, we were poor, and Jeremy was in Las Vegas for a tennis tournament for a week. I was whiny, alone, and hated that he had to leave and that there would be even more of these extended trips to follow. I had quit working and just did temp jobs but we needed more money (so I thought) to get by. I slowly convinced Jeremy that it was probably time to get a job and not play competitive tennis anymore. My argument was something like, "It's time you take responsibility for your family and "grow up."Now before you thrash me, let me just note that tennis took up A LOT of his time. Practice every day, plus lifting sessions, not to mention tournaments etc. I know, boo-hoo for me.
When I watch Jeremy play tennis it's so thrilling! A different, yet still serious, Jeremy comes out! He LOVES to play tennis. If I could go back in time, I would have never even put the idea in his head to quit. I would have racked up more debt and just dealt with it later. So my message is when you have a passion...do it! Stick with it! Tennis is now one of my favorite activities to do with Jeremy. In fact, we are playing tomorrow morning. Gratefully it is a passion that he can still do, competitively even. Not nearly to the same extent but he's found time to keep playing nonetheless.
Good job last weekend Babe! It brought back great memories to watch your fierceness again ;)
When I watch Jeremy play tennis it's so thrilling! A different, yet still serious, Jeremy comes out! He LOVES to play tennis. If I could go back in time, I would have never even put the idea in his head to quit. I would have racked up more debt and just dealt with it later. So my message is when you have a passion...do it! Stick with it! Tennis is now one of my favorite activities to do with Jeremy. In fact, we are playing tomorrow morning. Gratefully it is a passion that he can still do, competitively even. Not nearly to the same extent but he's found time to keep playing nonetheless.
Good job last weekend Babe! It brought back great memories to watch your fierceness again ;)





2 comments:
That's so great that he can still play so well!
Maybe we could play next Saturday???
At least you can admit you were wrong. You don't do that very often---JK! We're excited to see you guys next week.
Post a Comment