Sunday, April 25, 2010

What?!

Honestly, I thought I had at least 20 maybe even 10 years before I would ever have this new calling of mine. Luckily, only 1 or 2 girls have my blog address that live around here so I can be completely honest (Don't worry I have already been sustained). I am SHOCKED! I am YOUNG! I am INADEQUATE for the task that lies ahead. I take comfort in that I personally have received revelation that this is what the Lord wants me to do right now. The Sunday I was asked to be Relief Society President I was fasting. I wanted to know of more ways that I could serve Him. Well, I clearly received my answer. And more witnesses have followed since.

So if this blog gets neglected again...I am sorry. I have a feeling I will be busy. But that part I don't mind. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and guides me, for a Savior who soaks up my sins and sets the way for me to return to my Father in Heaven.

UPDATE: I had my first presidency meeting today at my home (I don't waste anytime!) It went really well and I feel super excited. I have GREAT counselors!!!

11 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

WOW! Well, our Heavenly Father does answer our prayers---you're living proof of that. You'll be awesome.

Camille said...

I'm sure it's pretty overwhelming, but you will do a GREAT job! It will be a great experience I'm sure. (Not that I'm hoping I get called to be an RS president any time soon. :))

Jenn said...

Wow! You will be great. We are all inadequate, but that is the best part, we don't have to do it alone. You are so great with people and will bring some great new fresh ideas to RS. Good luck! We miss you.

Britney said...

I have the chills...

Wow Becca! You're up for the task and will be awesome. You are so service oriented, this will so natural to you.

Good luck! :)

Sherrie said...

Just remember that the Lords gives us what we can handle. You will definetly handle this calling just great! You are an amazing person and you have nothing to worry about. Congratulations again!

Mindy said...

I can't agree more - you'll be amazing. And you are so in tune... You're amazing girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Shala, Darrell, & Jazzlyn said...

You know, old age does creep up on us really fast!!!:)

salty c-snake said...

so excited about your calling. you will do an amazing job. your so great to talk to, i feel like any type of person could confide in you, so driven, talented, honest, and willing to share your testimony-ie the perfect person to serve as relief society president!!!! ooh, and love your header pic, darling!!

John and Stef said...

Congrats on the new calling...I think! ;) Seriously, you will do AMAZING. Keep us posted on how things are going when you can. I'll be thinking of you!

Marianna said...

Wow! I thought Primary was hard... If anyone can do it, it's you!!! You are a superstar afterall! :) Miss you!!!

Jeni said...

This doesn't surprise me in the least! You can totally do this!! You're super organized and on top of things already-- it's practically about time you were the RS president! :)

Good luck!