Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Much to be Thankful for


I love the view in these pictures

Thanksgiving lasted all week for us. My sister and her family came into town from Idaho on Wednesday. The cousins played, the adults chatted and then that evening we all went to Twilight, making it take number 2 for me. My brother in law and big brother harassed us for being so in love with Edward and the movie. It was definitely a different experience the second time around. No teenagers to shout ewws and ahhs!
We spent Thanksgiving day with Jeremy and his family. Every thing was yummy and the kids had fun playing with their extended cousins. The next day I did my usual 6:00 a.m. shopping. I only bought 3 or 4 things but saved a lot. Then that afternoon we headed to Monterey with my mom and my sister and her family. I always love Monterey and the beach in Carmel. Kaiyah loves hanging out with her cousin Tinny and I always enjoy family time. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, played in the tide pools, did the 17 mile drive along the coast, and played at the beach. The weather was wonderful and it was hard to come home Saturday night. I will miss so many fun places to go around here once we move. But I suppose we'll just find new adventurous places to enjoy!
We finished the weekend off going to the temple and seeing all the Christmas lights with Jeremy's parents and brother. There seem to be even more lights up this year than last. I love the Christmas season!


Laney was a trooper (she missed her nap for 2 days)


My 16 yr.old nephew was as usual so fun to tease. This picture captures his, "I'm too old for this," mentality, all while embracing a slight smile for his favorite aunt.


3 comments:

Mindy said...

That family picture is so cute with the water in the back. I see Christmas card potential! :)

So glad you had a fun weekend!

Marta said...

You should print the family picture and send it Russell. It is a good one.

Jeni said...

Great views and pictures! We live in a really beautiful place with so much around!

Please don't move anytime soon. :(