

Last Friday I needed to get out, so we headed into San Francisco's Union Square for some yummy food and to look at all the Christmas displays. It's not something I necessarily set out to do every year, but we have since living here gone downtown to look at the store displays and look at all the Christmas trees lit up around there. In years past we've even ice skated but this year, let's just say we're on a budget ;) But it didn't matter. Kaiyah didn't even ask to go and we had such a great evening out. The best part was sitting on the bench watching Kaiyah as usual make a new friend within a minute and playing chase with her while Laney found the step that runs along the grass that she just kept walking along over and over. I'm a people watcher so it was so warming to see all the couples and families enjoying the Christmas season. I love this time of year!
On Saturday night we had our ward Christmas party. The girls decorated cookies, or shall I say ate the candies for the cookies that were to be used to decorate them with. The best part was watching Kaiyah be Mary in the Nativity that the primary put on. Yes, my Kaiyah can be quite shy if it involves her getting in front of people but she is growing up and becoming more and more brave. Our picture of her as Mary is super blurry because our camera sucks. Maybe I can get a better copy from my friend and replace it later. Anyway, we'll miss our Berkeley Ward when the time comes to move on. It's ward gatherings like this one that make me realize how sad it will be to move on.



3 comments:
I'm sad I missed the Christmas party. Looks like good times. Kaiyah makes a cute Mary!
Thanks for your comment! I love your stroller we have the same one in red too!!!
I swear I love the blogging world more and more everyday. I didn't get a chance to really talk to you today, but thanks to your blog I feel a little more caught up. What a bummer about the whole JAG thing! I won't complain having you here longer, but I understand.
You still manage to have a lot of Christmas Spirit! I can't believe how much we miss during Christmas in the bay area because we're always gone. I'm excited to hit Union Square this week. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment