Thursday, December 11, 2008
Complaining is to follow
It's Christmas time. I shouldn't be in a bad mood. I can't help it though. Jeremy talked to the JAG guy who keeps us informed on our status today. So let me back up a little. Jeremy needs to have a physcial before he can leave for officer boot camp, before they'll tell us where we'll move, and before they'll tell us when we'll move. In order to get a physical they need the past 10 years of Jeremy's medical records. Seeing that Jeremy NEVER goes to the doctor, there aren't many records to be forwarded. Also, him being gone for 2 years b/c of his mission has somehow stupefied the Air Force and to sum it up now Jeremy needs to have the Surgeon General sign off on his records and be cleared so he can have his physical done. This takes 30-45 days...just to get cleared for the physical. Seeing that it is Christmas they'll likely close offices for some duration which will only prolong the process even more. This means there is NO WAY Jeremy will be leaving in January. But this also means that now he may not even leave in March. They originally told us January or March. So the guy told us if March's class is full then the next training date would begin on May 26. OK, my due date is May 27!!!! Not OK!!! I'm not excited about the JAG anymore...at least not today. I mean WHY does he need a physical FIRST in order to move forward? It's not like he's going to be a solider, he's going to be a lawyer sitting at a desk for cryin' out loud!! I mean how do they expect people to live and get by while they take their time doing whatever it is their doing? If it wasn't for the anonymous and extremely generous something we received in the mail I would say life sucks today! The timing of things at times just aren't that coincendental. The Lord is watching out for us and things will work out the way they should. We will and are being taken care of and for that I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Maybe you should forward that anonymous and extremely generous something you received in the mail on to us. I'll pretend that I have no idea it's from you. Hee. That's the pits that Jeremy's stuff is being delayed. I'd be ticked too. That's pretty redic!
I am sorry, what a pain! Hang in there. It is amazing though how when things are difficult that the only silver lining is knowing that God is there and will take care of things in the end.
That really does SUCK! I'm so sorry! At least you know you will be taken care of.
Keep us posted!
I hate to say this but Josh's cousin is in the airforce and it is a "hurry up and wait". They want you to hurry up and do what they want you to do and then you are left waiting until they feel like doing the rest. Nothing is ever what they say it will be. (meaning the timing of things)they have found this out and he has been in the airforce for eight years. Sorry for being so negative.
Sommer, thanks for the input. I like hearing about others experiences with the Air Force.
Anyway, I'm over my complaining now and will try to replace this post with a positive one soon ;)
It's amazing the healing power of words. I'm so glad you got it all out and are (hopefully) feeling better. And thanks for sharing it with us! For me, if I know other people feel my pain, it helps me feel a little better. :)
You guys will be in our prayers that this will get resolved quickly.
I'm so sorry to hear this! I hate playing the waiting game, that is never fun. My friend is in the same situation with the secret service and 'any day now' they should be getting a call as to where and when they will move. :(
Not cool if he has to go when you are having the baby either, but this much I do know-- this baby seriously magically came to you, and someway somehow it will magically be born when Jeremy is here. Let's hope!
Post a Comment