For a couple months we had planned to go camping with Jeremy's family for Memorial Weekend. Jeremy's brother Russell is getting ready to leave on mission so it seemed like on
e last hurrah before he left. Up until a couple days before the big weekend the weather was suppose to be a perfect 80 degrees and mostly sunny. You got to love California's weather and its unpredictability. The forecast now was high 60's, cloudy and raining. On Thursday I asked Jeremy if he still wanted to go and he convinced me that it was only a 30 percent chance of rain so yes he still wanted to go. I replied "It will rain." I even bet a body massage. So Friday we loaded up and made the 3 and half hour trip up to Pillsbury Lake. The scenery was beautiful up there. We set up and enjoyed the day. My girls love to camp so it doesn't matter what the conditions are. If it involves being outdoors, they will have fun; and that they did. The next morning it started off with rain. The girls' cousin didn't do too well and got sick over night (poor sweet Jazzlyn). They had decided before I even got out of bed that they were heading home as soon as possible, which I couldn't blame them. Sick kids are no fun and to add while camping makes it even more miserable. (I over heard that they were leaving as I "slept" in the tent.) This is in fact the real reason I love to camp. My husband gets up with the girls, feeds them, plays with them, all while I slowly wake up. Camping is relaxing for me and I have to admit I too love being outdoors. Anything that involves getting me out of my itty bitty apartment makes me happy. Yet the rain caused a damper and with Jeremy's brother and family leaving I began to lean toward that way too. His brother Darrell had brought his boat and we got to enjoy it that day off and on through the dry patches. We ended up heading out late that afternoon. It was nice to sleep in my bed that evening. It also meant we got to go to church the next day. I must say I felt like I needed to be there that Sunday. I felt like the talk in sacrament meeting was just for me.Here is a couple pictures of Laney pole dancing...honestly I don
't
know where she learned that :)Good ole' Uncle Russell helping Laney up the steps





2 comments:
Our Memorial Day was cold and rainy too. We went to a friends house for a BBQ, but we had to stay inside pretty much the whole time. We need to go on a camping trip sometime, but we'd have to get an RV or something. There's no way I'm doing a tent with a baby. Sorry your camping trip was cut short, but that good that you got to go to church and hear the talk that was meant just for you. I love when I feel that!
It looks like the girls had fun. Anyway, it's too bad it rained, but at least you get a massage! We will have to get the kids together soon, maybe Tahoe or somewhere else fun. I am dying to get out of town for a weekend!
Post a Comment