Friday, May 16, 2008

My Mother's Day


Jeremy and I are back from our cruise, which I will blog about later. I wanted to make sure I captured my Mother's Day in writing. First, Jeremy who knows me so well, made chocolate strawberry crepes for me for breakfast. Only on Mother's Day is eating chocolate for breakfast oh so appropriate! They were delicious honey, thank you! Then Kaiyah crawled into bed with me and enjoyed helping me drink my hot chocolate. Here is a silly picture we took that morning while still in bed. She is my silly girl :)


I asked Kaiyah if she knew who made me a mother. Of course she said Jesus but I told her that morning how she was the one that first made me a mother. She thought that was kind of silly. I truly have the two greatest girls that bring my life moments of joy that I could not experience otherwise if I did not have them. I got lots of cute things from Kaiyah that she made for me at preschool and church but the best gift was a transcribed letter by Jeremy from the mouth of Kaiyah. Here is a taste of what Kaiyah said in her letter. (oh how her thoughts go!)

Mommy I love you!
I love to pick flowers for you. I love to draw pictures for you. We don't like spiders but I sure like you. Ladybugs are ok though. I'll try my best not to be too loud today. I love it when you draw pictures with me. You don't like worms? I don't like worms and neither does Laney. I love the sun but not in my eyes, that's why I like sunglasses. I love bottles for when we go running. I love to snuggle with you. I love to play with you. I really love you and I don't want to miss you. Love Kaiyah

It was a great day and we finished it off by having Jeremy's parents and his brother Darrell and his family for dinner. It was a late night though getting ready for our cruise the next morning. But all and all another great mother's day. What is there not to like about being celebrated? :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a sweet day! Kaiyah sounds like quite the girl. I love discovering a persons own unique personality. Your girls sound like they are tons of fun. In case you don't know who I am... I am Jeremy's cousin.