
Kaiyah went to her friend Owen's birthday party on Monday. As a party favor each child got to take home a goldfish. Kaiyah was so excited and as soon as we got in the car she said it needed a name. So she named it Star and then I dropped her off at preschool. When I got home I put it in a large glass vase. Laney loved watching the fish and I noticed it looked really hungry (it's mouth was moving like crazy). Of course, I didn't have any fish food so I used my own "fish" food. I smashed a gold fish cracker and sprinkled it in the water. Star didn't seem interested so who knows if she actually ate any. I then proceeded to put Laney down for her nap and then worked on homework for 2 hours. Then before I left to go pickup Kaiyah I noticed Star wasn't moving. Not only was she not moving but she was laying on the bottom of the vase. She was DEAD!! When I picked up Kaiyah she was SOO excited to go home and see her new pet. Right before we got home I told her that Star died and Kaiyah bawled for a good minute. I explained that goldfish didn't have long lives usually and they often died fast. She composed herself and then asked for a cat because "they don't die so soon." We waited for Jeremy to get home and we gave Star a proper burial down the toilet with a prayer given by Kaiyah. She thought it was fun actually. So there you have it, our first pet lasted 3 hours! Better luck next time...


7 comments:
I just read about Britney's story, too.. funny to read about everyone's experiences with the fish they got at that party!
Well, it's Friday at 3PM and our fish, Wanda, is still alive. Do we get a prize? :)
Oh my gosh Becca! I am laughing out loud. I love to read your posts. Well let me know how long your cat lives...or the pet cat you are going to buy Kaiyah at target... that has batteries and a very strange sounding meow...and kind of clicks when it moves its head... hint, hint... these are the best kind of pets. That's my story and I am sticking to it-- if you don't-- I might call your real cat "the wierd kind of pet" so Jack doesn't catch on!
Yea, I think you and I are just pet killers. I have enough mouths to feed and take care of.
I laughed (again) when reading about the fishy crackers...you crack me up!
Our next pet will be a "normal pet", just like Jacks!
And yes, I think Mindy should get a prize! 5 days seems to be the record!
Becca I set you up for failure! I forgot to tell you that you have to treat the water so the chlorine doesn't kill the fish!! I feel so bad that I forgot to tell you! Goldfish should live longer than 3 hours! I think sitting out in the sun for two hours might have had something to do with it too! I'm going to get Kaiyah a new STAR!
I think you poisoned the fish with your "fish" food. You're a fish killer.
Post a Comment