Infamous one handed snapped head shots
Last week Jeremy and I went on a 4 night cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico. Our fabulous parents watched the girls for us (thanks again!). Monday we caught a flight to Los Angeles and boarded the cruise late that afternoon. The first thing we did was went straight to the food. So if you know anything about cruises, you know that there is a TON of food and ALL day/night long. It's not necessarily the best food just a lot of it. Needless to say I came home 5 pounds heavier because of the massive amount of food they served us...not to mention dessert with every meal and an ice cream cone, oh I'd say every other hour!Monday night we hit the dance show and a comedy show. Now these aren't just any comedy shows. They advertise them as "R" rated. We went to them each night they offered them and these guys were hilarious. I'm cracking up just thinking about them. Anyway, don't skip out on these if you're headed on a cruise but do be warned they are R-rated!
Tuesday was our day at Catalina Island. I started the morning off by running 6 miles on the island while Jeremy read at the beach. Then we went shopping and snorkeling. The snorkeling wasn't anything like our honeymoon in Hawaii but it was still fun.
Jeremy thought it was particularly notable that there were hardly no cars on the island. The resident's main mode of transportation...golf carts. It was funny to
see people going grocery shopping or dropping spouses off at work in golf carts! That night was formal night on the ship. We got all dolled up and had a yummy dinner and another great night of entertainment. We saw yet another comedy show and dance show and did some dancing of our own. The one complaint about cruises however are that all these shows and dance clubs all open up so late. We were up every night at least until midnight. In fact the first comedy show we saw started at midnight. So coming home was an adjustment!Wednesday we were in Mexico. We rented a car and drove around to a few places. We drove to the La Bufadora (a glorified blow hole which basically is a wave crashing against rocks and spraying up water) yeah
kind of lame and to think they charged some people $40 a person to drive them there and see it! We also stopped at a beach but the wind was picking up and we didn't stay too long.
And of course more shopping. I was on a search for the right knock off coach bag and at the right bargained price. Unbeknownst to me Jeremy flashed a few pictures of me negotiating. How can I be taken serious when my husband is mocking
me?!?! I ended up with a $25 fake Gucci instead, not bad. But once we got back on the boat we had another fun filled evening. Every night we ate at the same table with the same people that you are randomly placed with the first night. They were both fun couples and helped make our evening even that much better.Thursday was "fun day at see." It was just that, plus relaxing. Jeremy did a lot of this

and I did a lot of this
. We also did silly trivia games which the cruise members put on, miniature golf, watched the hairy chest contest, newlywed game, and just enjoyed being alone with no schedule or kids to tend to. That night was my favorite evening. We watched drunk people karaoke, lost $2 at the penny slots and did some more dancing. I love to dance and it felt so great that I have the itch to go again. So girls that live close by, get ready for our next girls night out to be at a dance club! Oh yeah, you know you wanna get jiggy wit' it!Anyway, thanks Bush for the economic stimulus package for the dough to go on the cruise, thank you Jeremy for graduating so I could give "you" the cruise as a gift, and thanks to our parents for watching the girls and taking good care of them while we were gone!





5 comments:
Look at you go in your bikini!!! I've always thought that everyone's post-baby belly looks like mine, but now I realize how wrong I've been!
Sounds like you had a ton of fun... what a great vacation for you guys!
How fun! I am extremely jealous! That is the kind of gift I need to start getting, I mean giving. We miss you!
Karen, it may not look too terribly bad but it feels like a bowl full of jello!
Jen, we miss you too!!
Hey Becca...
That's the cruise we went on for our honeymoon. Small world. We've been on 3 cruises so far. I think we're going to do one every other year for tradition. I'm glad you guys could go have some fun. Let me know when YOU know where you're headed next. Richmond, VA is a lovely place to live! :)
You're such a hottie! Go bikini's!
Mine feels like Jell-o too :)
Looks/sounds like a GREAT vaca!
Post a Comment