Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sick Chick

My sweet Kaiyah was sick this past week. It all started last week. Jeremy had a fever for a couple days, lost his voice, and had a cough. Then Laney felt warm one day with a minor cough but that was over before I knew it started. Then Tuesday I took Kaiyah to preschool and her teacher called saying Kaiyah wasn't feeling well. I went to pick her up and she was burning up with a fever when I arrived! The rest of that day and all day Wednesday this is how Kaiyah looked and felt. She lied on the couch all day just plain miserable. Then on Thursday she was coughing all day, literally like every minute. Finally the temperature went away and the cough has significantly subsided. I thought with the arrival of Spring sicknesses stopped! Hopefully this will be it for awhile. I love this picture below. Laney is consoling her big sister and wishing she were feeling better so she could have her playmate back.

5 comments:

Kelly Jensen said...

I am so sorry! Having a sick kid is hard on EVERYONE in the house- especially the momma. I love the picture of Laney taking care of her... so cute! I hope that she feels better soon-- I have to say though-- she is unbelievably beautiful, even when she is super sick! Good luck-- lots of sprite and a favorite movie (over and over) normally gets us through...

Britney said...

Gosh...she really does look SO sick! So sorry!

I hate when my kids are sick too...but will she snuggle? That's the best, when they don't feel good and want to snuggle.

This picture with Laney is SO cute!

Tristen said...

That picture with Laney and Kaiyah is SO PRECIOUS... but not worth it! Poor Kaiyah looks so miserable, I hope she is feeling better now! She's so sweet, I just love that girl. Take care and I hope this week is much more healthy at your house!

AP said...

Oh man, poor Kaiyah. She looks miserable, I hope she is feeling better. The picture of Laney is so cute, what a sweetie! It is no fun having sick kids. I am with you on being done with the winter sicknesses.

Carrie and Jeff said...

That is the pits. I hope Kaiyah feels better soon and that the rest of you don't get it. Benson woke up from his nap yesterday with a fever. It's a little better today. He doesn't act sick though. He was an angel yesterday--compared to how he usually is.