Monday, April 14, 2008

Kaiyah's Spring Break '08

Kaiyah's preschools spring break was different than mine and Jeremy's. Hers was last week so we kept our schedule busy and filled with fun activities. Of course we did our usual zoo trip. I love this picture of the girls observing the giraffes. Also I started Kaiyah in swim lessons a few weeks ago. Poor Laney tags along and watches from the window with me every time. So I took advantage of our flexible schedule last week and took the girls swimming a couple times. Laney loved it! Kaiyah successfully goes completely under water now (that was a huge achievement for her) She's always loved the water but not the part that involves going under it. This brings me to our trip to Muir Beach that we went to with some girlfriends on Friday. Notice Kaiyah is playing in the water and take particular note of her facial expression. The water was FREEZING. I could barley have my feet in it for more than 2 seconds and yet Kaiyah and her friends were able to spend most the afternoon playing in the water. Go figure! Kaiyah has always been and still is my water girl! The day went quicker than I expected because it really was an enjoyable, need I even say a relaxing one. Laney was great and hung around me on the blanket or hit the ball off the tee. In all it was a great week with my girls!

6 comments:

Britney said...

Classic cold face look!

I love the picture with you and Laney, so cute!

Looks like a FUN day!

Carrie and Jeff said...

That water looks cold, but I bet the beach was warm. I'm jealous. It snowed here today, but at least it didn't stick.

Anonymous said...

You girls are beautiful!

Rachael said...

Spring break is so much fun. My kids are on spring break this week. The temp was 81 yesterday and in the 30's today. No beach for us. Your kids are growing up. Grandma L. wanted to say hi. Love, Aunt Rachael

Cindy said...

That WAS so much fun at the beach. I really couldn't believe those kids were in the water - brr!! You looked pretty dang good in your swim suit too :)

Shala, Darrell, & Jazzlyn said...

Laney looks like a ball player in the making. I guess we'll all look for Kaiyah to join the polar bear club when she gets older.