Monday, March 17, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth

Last weekend the girls and I decided to go to Disneyland. My brother called and told me he had leftover park hopper tickets for 2 days that had to be used by the following Wednesday. So after I got off the phone with him on Saturday around 3:00 I decided I was taking the girls to Disney! I scurried to get plane tickets, hotel and car reservations, someone to cover my Young Women lesson at church, and arranged for my mom to come with us. Jeremy had a full day at the law clinic on Monday so he didn't think he could get out of it because they were preparing their current case for trial. I also had plans that evening for a book group gathering at my friends house to discuss my new favorite books, the Twilight series, which I wasn't about to miss. My supportive husband did laundry while I was gone and after I got home at 10:00 I hurried and packed. I totally had forgotten at this point that Daylight savings was that night. That made our 6:40 a.m flight departure even more looming! We got up at 5:15 (which really was like 4:15 to us.) Shockingly, my girls were fabulous on the plane and the entire weekend despite the fewer hours of sleep they lacked! I will post pictures of our actual trip soon. I had to use my mothers camera because ours chooses not to work at times...arrgghh! So once I can snag her camera to download my pics I will post them here and write all about our adventure. This picture is of Laney in her Cinderella night gown my mom bought her. She is a princess and feels so happy when she wears this pretty gown!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

That's awesome! You always have such great adventures! I haven't checked anyone's blog this last week (for reasons you know all too well...) and I heard you talking about Disneyland, but I didn't realize you took the girls by yourself! You definitely get the Mom of the Year for that one...

Britney said...

What? I had no idea you went to Disneyland? How fun!

I agree with Mindy, you do get mom of the year award. I can't believe you went by yourself!

We are actually heading to DL on Thursday.

AP said...

Wow, how fun! I really do think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. I am glad you had fun.

Mindi said...

I'm glad you took an airplane. When you told me you'd been to Disneyland, I was thinking you drove down to SoCal with the girls. N keeps asking when we're going to Disneyland. Just let me get through the cruise in June with the in-laws and then we can talk Disneyland!

Becca said...

I deserve no awards! I guess I should have amped it up in the post but my mom did come too. She's a last minute kind of gal as well!

Kelly Jensen said...

Mom or no Mom, we are all very impressed! Way to go. We are heading there in a week or so. Can't wait. I am glad you survived-- inspiring!