Sunday, December 27, 2009

Let the festivities begin

We started December out with a few fun activities. First we went to Dallas for a weekend. I ran a half marathon and we ate some yummy food. I have to make note of that because we rarely go out to eat in Wichita Falls because frankly I just don't want a hamburger or chicken strips. So when we go out of town I insist on eating good food. We indugled ourselves at Cheesecake Factory and found an Indian restaurant off the hwy that we ordered to-go and decided to take it to the temple and have a picnic there. Well when we got to the temple it was closed. We're not in Oakland anymore where you can come and go all day long and walk around the grounds. But we sat on a patch of grass outside the locked gate and ate anyways.




I also held a cookie exchange at my home. It was so fun and I had roughly an equal number of kids as I had women! Just over 30!! But I think every one had a splendid time and we all ate a delicious brunch and took home even better tasting cookies! I can't wait to do it again next year.


I only took two pictures and this was the better of the two.

The school here isn't nearly as good as Berkeley's schools. There is little to no parent involvement so when one does want to help they don't know exactly how to use them. I wanted to come to Kaiyah's Christmas party and while the kids had a blast I couldn't help but wander how great her schools' was last year. Oh well right?!? It was a fun little party for the kids. They did a book exchange, pin the red nose on Rudolph, and of course ate some snacks. You can't bring anything homemade :( so I had to bring pre-packaged cookies. Wait, why am I complaining about this? Buying is a lot easier than baking!!


Kaiyah waiting for her turn


No peeking



My favorite part was watching her with her friends playing paper, rock, scissors, and bubble gum, bubble gum. There are only 6 girls in Kaiyah's entire class. I feel for her teacher some days!

No comments: