Finally I have a post with cute pictures and fun things to write about. I have been thinking of Easter for a couple months now. Mainly because I try to make the girls matching dresses at the very least twice a year, one for Christmas and the other for Easter. So naturally when all the spring fabrics came out I bought my favorite right away and made the girls dresses back in February. They wore them on our last Sunday in Berkeley and haven't been allowed to since. Kaiyah was excited to finally wear it again and well, Laney just loves dresses period!
The week leading up to Easter we all got sick; a nasty flu bug that luckily came and went quickly but nonetheless awful. We still managed to dye Easter eggs
in between the girls being sick and me becoming sick. On Saturday we went to an egg hunt at a miniature golf course that our ward put on. We played arcades, hunted for eggs, and played a round of golf.






It was enjoyable and after wards Jeremy's brother Darrell came over with his little girl and we hung out, played tennis, and ate yummy steak and veggie kabobs for dinner. The girls went to bed fairly easily so the Easter Bunny could come. They were happy to find that he left them goodies in their baskets and had hid some eggs, even an egg in their church shoes (a tradition the Easter Bunny started with me when I was a kid.)

Laney quickly heard the word church and wanted to get her dress on and go. After church we did another egg hunt in the front yard. We had a wonderful church service and was reminded of how incredible our Savior is and His great sacrifice. It is such a blessing to know that He is by my side and is able to comfort me in a way no one else can. This is particularly true with some potentially HUGE news that I should feel capable of sharing later this week. But as all of my good friends know, any Air Force news is not worth me sharing anymore unless we have a signed, locked, and confirmed deal due to them always changing the scenario. But this is looking for "real" this time. Stay tuned :)
in between the girls being sick and me becoming sick. On Saturday we went to an egg hunt at a miniature golf course that our ward put on. We played arcades, hunted for eggs, and played a round of golf.






It was enjoyable and after wards Jeremy's brother Darrell came over with his little girl and we hung out, played tennis, and ate yummy steak and veggie kabobs for dinner. The girls went to bed fairly easily so the Easter Bunny could come. They were happy to find that he left them goodies in their baskets and had hid some eggs, even an egg in their church shoes (a tradition the Easter Bunny started with me when I was a kid.)

Laney quickly heard the word church and wanted to get her dress on and go. After church we did another egg hunt in the front yard. We had a wonderful church service and was reminded of how incredible our Savior is and His great sacrifice. It is such a blessing to know that He is by my side and is able to comfort me in a way no one else can. This is particularly true with some potentially HUGE news that I should feel capable of sharing later this week. But as all of my good friends know, any Air Force news is not worth me sharing anymore unless we have a signed, locked, and confirmed deal due to them always changing the scenario. But this is looking for "real" this time. Stay tuned :)



10 comments:
I can't wait to hear the news!! The dresses look great. I wish I had that talent!
Cute dresses. I always have to make something, I know you are too. I can't wait for the news! Let's plan to meet in May. We can come your way. Give me a call, I don't have your number.
The dresses are SO great! The girls look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear the news. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you:)
Glad to see an update! I've been wondering about you!
How impressive are you to make dresses? Amazing! And they are so darling!
I am DYING to know what your news is... please tell!
And when you say that you 'made' dresses, you actually made them with a sewing machine and thread?? Holy cow, I'm impressed. I didn't know you had it in you!
You're looking sexy pregnant! I love the dresses you made the girls...that's something I've always wanted to do, but I don't know how...maybe some day. I'm glad to see that you guys had a great Easter...We miss you guys! Your girlies are so cute! Looking forward to the news!
The dresses are darling! The mini golf place looked like a fun place to have a Egg Hunt. Sounds and looks like you had a good Easter. We will have to get together in the next few weeks.
I have always loved seeing the dresses you make your girls!
Laney looks so grown up--goodness!
And you seriously do look fabulous preggo!
The dresses are adorable. You are so talented. I'll have to learn how to be like you before I have any girls.
Glad you gave a little Easter update... I'm months behind getting to that post!
So I'm gonna have to call you tomorrow 'cuz I need to know the news NOW! Talk to you soon. ;)
Post a Comment