OK, here is our big news, change of plans, information that keeps our lives interesting, update or whatever you want to call it!
On Friday the 10th Jeremy talked to our contact with the Air Force. He informs us that someone has dropped out of the May starting class and since Jeremy has been in the works since last year, he has been given priority to have the option of starting then. He can say no and wait until his assigned October start date or accept this offer; the option was his. Initially we said no to May (it was never available for us anyway but if it would have been we were not even on the list to accept it, b/c of the due date of our baby). So we are told we have the weekend to decide and to let them know on Monday. Jeremy would need to leave on May 25th so he could start his training on May 26th for 4 weeks. He'd have a 2 week break which he could take as vacation time or report to his base, then from July 13th- Sept.11th he'd go back to Alabama to complete JAG school. The girls and I would not go with him to any of his training. Let me remind my dear loyal readers when my due date is...MAY 27th!!!!
I was at my mom's cleaning her closet out when Jeremy called and told me the news. Right away I told him I felt like saying "Yes" because I knew how heart broken he was (and me too) when they told us we'd have to wait until October to start and how antsy he has been to start but that of course I had to pray about it b/c after all I was going to be having a baby and there was no way I was having it without him. I called my Doctor immediately and he said he would induce me at 39 weeks but no earlier and that if the hospital was really busy I'd be the first to be pushed back due to it being elective. That puts us having our baby no earlier than May 20th, unless this baby comes early on it's own (if any of you have suggestions of how I can make that happen, I'd greatly appreciate it ;)
OK, I could do that. I'll be an emotional wreck like normal around week 2 after the baby is born but I can still call and skpe him. Who I'm most worried about is Laney though. She LOVES her Daddy and something tells me she is going to blame the baby for her Daddy leaving for so long. I won't be able to explain it to where she'll understand like Kaiyah does. In fact, Kaiyah was part of the decision making. I told her all that would happen and if she didn't feel good about it then Daddy didn't have to go yet. Bless Kaiyah, she understood and said it was OK. But I'm glad I talked about it with her because I believe kids should be involved in making decisions that affect them greatly. After all, this was OUR family. So with that said, we accepted! Jeremy will leave May 25th. We were told they would tell us very soon where are 2 options are as far as where we'll be stationed. I don't care where we go, I just want to GO!! I'll keep you posted...
On Friday the 10th Jeremy talked to our contact with the Air Force. He informs us that someone has dropped out of the May starting class and since Jeremy has been in the works since last year, he has been given priority to have the option of starting then. He can say no and wait until his assigned October start date or accept this offer; the option was his. Initially we said no to May (it was never available for us anyway but if it would have been we were not even on the list to accept it, b/c of the due date of our baby). So we are told we have the weekend to decide and to let them know on Monday. Jeremy would need to leave on May 25th so he could start his training on May 26th for 4 weeks. He'd have a 2 week break which he could take as vacation time or report to his base, then from July 13th- Sept.11th he'd go back to Alabama to complete JAG school. The girls and I would not go with him to any of his training. Let me remind my dear loyal readers when my due date is...MAY 27th!!!!
I was at my mom's cleaning her closet out when Jeremy called and told me the news. Right away I told him I felt like saying "Yes" because I knew how heart broken he was (and me too) when they told us we'd have to wait until October to start and how antsy he has been to start but that of course I had to pray about it b/c after all I was going to be having a baby and there was no way I was having it without him. I called my Doctor immediately and he said he would induce me at 39 weeks but no earlier and that if the hospital was really busy I'd be the first to be pushed back due to it being elective. That puts us having our baby no earlier than May 20th, unless this baby comes early on it's own (if any of you have suggestions of how I can make that happen, I'd greatly appreciate it ;)
OK, I could do that. I'll be an emotional wreck like normal around week 2 after the baby is born but I can still call and skpe him. Who I'm most worried about is Laney though. She LOVES her Daddy and something tells me she is going to blame the baby for her Daddy leaving for so long. I won't be able to explain it to where she'll understand like Kaiyah does. In fact, Kaiyah was part of the decision making. I told her all that would happen and if she didn't feel good about it then Daddy didn't have to go yet. Bless Kaiyah, she understood and said it was OK. But I'm glad I talked about it with her because I believe kids should be involved in making decisions that affect them greatly. After all, this was OUR family. So with that said, we accepted! Jeremy will leave May 25th. We were told they would tell us very soon where are 2 options are as far as where we'll be stationed. I don't care where we go, I just want to GO!! I'll keep you posted...


9 comments:
wow. that's great that he will finally get to start.
though, that will be tough for you guys. you can do it!!
we'll be hoping for an early baby for you!!
Wow, what a hard situation. I must say if I was in your shoes I would have done the same thing-- it's going to be hard for you, and for him, actually, but you guys are strong and you will do great. Plus isn't it nice to think that by October when he would just be starting that he'll be done with training and you guys can be together again. Sweet Laney, she'll do great also. Big changes for your family, you've got your work cut out for you!
AND. I don't think there is any sure-fire way to have a baby early, especially with a first. But this is your third and your body knows what to do, so I should email you what I did for Corban (the dr. and I disagreed with the due date, so I was DETERMINED to "win" the argument, so I was HARD at work trying to go into labor "early" and it worked!! I had him a full TWO weeks earlier than my doctor thought he was due). Mostly SO MUCH WALKING, miles and miles pushing my stroller, lots of squatting and some strategic "low dose" castor oil (makes me very sick if I take too much) once or twice a week for the two weeks before I actually had him. Anyways, of course because it was successful I feel like it would work for anyone having a second or later baby, but I know I'm now one of those wacky moms.
But great news that things are moving forward with you guys. Avery still calls our apartment Kaiyah's house... she misses her. Take care!
It's all going to be fine! Being induced it great and so low stress, which you don't need anymore of right now. PLEASE tell me what we can do to help, even after the baby comes. Your girls are welcome at our place if your mom can't help out. That's so exciting that the ball is starting to roll. It's all going to be fine, just don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck!!
Thanks for sharing. Remember everything works out for the best even if it isn't how we plan it. It sounds like you prayed about it and feel good about the decision. Everything will fall into place. Good Luck, We miss you guys.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It might be a little rough, but I think all your faith has paid off and you just need to hold on a little longer and everything will work out! You should bring the girls up and jump on my trampoline every day! I have heard it works wonders for bringing on labor! :)
Yea!! Who cares where you go, within reason. I am so excited for you! Both my kids were late, so I can't help you. I was induced with Sam, it isn't the end of the world. We need to get together. email me your phone number so we can come out and see you.
Congrats Becca! I thin you are an ispiration! I am with you! Let's get that baby HERE! I was induced with my Sam but I tried like Hell to get him here early... it worked because I was in labor... but he just wouldn't come down the shoot:) Try lot's of walking, fatty spicy foods (Theres a place in Walnut Creek that sells "prego pizza-- I admit-- I ate it) and squating. Also (your welcome Jeremy) sex helps too:)
Oh wow Rebecca! This is really exciting news but also a bit nerve racking for you. I think it's great that Jeremy went ahead and took the May class. Just get it over and done with and then you'll be settled somewhere with your family that much faster.
And it is your 3rd baby so do what everyone else suggested for early labor or just get induced. You guys will be fine and I'm so happy things are finally falling into place. HOORAY!
How are you feeling PS? We need to get together before you pop that baby out!
Oh my gosh Rebecca! I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you on so many levels... you get to have your baby EARLY, you get to find out where you'll be living, and you get to get started so much sooner than anticipated! I think you've got some major pull with someone upstairs... :)
Post a Comment