Monday, April 20, 2009

South Dakota or Texas??

About an hour after I posted the Air Force called with our 2 choices. They are Rapid City, South Dakota or Wichita Falls, Texas. I know, I know, neither are that exciting. My brother-in-law who served in the Air Force years ago has already informed me that both locations are waste lands. But I'm still excited because it will be an adventure nonetheless! So should I even ask where you all think we should go?

UPDATE: We have chosen Texas and will be on our way sometime this summer.

14 comments:

Marianna said...

Wow! Good luck with that one!! I think I'd rather live anywhere than Texas, but that's just me. :)

Alisa said...

I have an aunt and uncle that live in Rapid City, (he's retired Air Force) and they love it. But, we're going to Arizona, so maybe you should join us in the southwest! Good luck with everything.

cchrissyy said...

what season? summer sounds awful in texas, but likewise a winter in SD might be challenging. Although I'd rather experience a short stay in frozen weather than texas. ;) good luck

AP said...

Exciting News! I think I would lean toward Texas, just because I don't know if I could handle much snow. Yahoo had a story yesterday about cities that have not felt the effects of the econonmy like the rest of the nation, and there were several cities in Texas. Anyway, I am glad you finally got your two choices. Good Luck making your decision!

Has Jeremy talked to you about when a good weekend would be to get together? We could come down there if it easier on you. We are pretty free anytime except this coming weekend.

Mindi said...

I'm with Marianna on Texas. (I know on FB I said it was a toss-up but I really would never live in Texas again.) But really, who cares what we all think - you guys are the ones that have to live there!

I'm happy things are FINALLY falling into place.

Cindy said...

I hope all goes well wherever you guys end up! You are one brave lady to go through all of this with a new baby on the way. It will make good stories in 20 years right? "Well, when we were in school..." haha. Good luck!!

Jeni said...

How exciting!!! I went to Rapid City a few years ago and they had the biggest indoor waterpark I've ever seen in my life. It was awesome and the water was SO warm. I would move there just for that awesome water park...

But Texas could be fun too... I've never been to Wichita Falls before, but they do say everything is bigger and better in Texas.

Either way you guys are good because both places are CHEAP to live and it will be such a fun adventure. I'm so excited for your family, when do you have to decide?

Fox's x 3 said...

Wow, good luck, I would chose Rapid City, sounds like the weather will be more seasonable. Good luck with the birth of your baby girl.

Deon said...

Good luck with everything!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Crazy...I hope you guys love wherever you decide to go. And I hope we can come visit someday...to your waste land city.

Karen said...

Well I'm glad I checked your blog! This is EXCITING!!! I don't have a vote, but I think those both sound like pretty good options. Good luck making the decision! And as for the timing of your babe... I'm sure everything will all end up working out. And we're all only a half hour away to help! Talk to you tomorrow!

Mindy said...

And all the pieces are falling in place! Yeah! You will be loved where ever you go. I'm so exicted for where ever you choose because they have no idea what wonderful family is about to move into their state!!

Jeni said...

What exciting news! This will be a summer to remember. Congratulations!

John and Stef said...

Your girls are getting so big and they are so adorable! Congratulations on Texas and the new baby! What an adventure!! I'm so glad we have blogs to keep in touch! Good luck with it all, we miss you guys.