It is true. In 2 days we will no longer be Berkeley Residents. It will be a sad day. The realization will hit me soon. I knew this day would eventually come. In fact, I thought it was going to come 6+ months ago so I am grateful for the extra time. Needless to say there are so many good memories here. My girls have made great friends. Kaiyah had her first kiss with her sweet boyfriend Nathan while living here. Laney was born here and is all she knows; parks at every corner, mostly sunny beautiful days, the ocean being a hop away from our home, a zillion kids her age, and yummy food. Unlike Kaiyah, Laney has learned to love all types of food while in Berkeley. She even loves a little spicy Indian food like her Mommy. I've never seen a little girl eat so much rice and curry.
What makes Berkeley so great are obviously all the great people. From our church friends, to neighbors, to our preschool buddies. There are great people here who care about more than just the basics of life. I have learned to appreciate education, environment, yummy (and cheap) vegetables and fruits, generosity, standing up for what you believe in, walking everywhere you go and love for man's best friend! Seriously, there are way too many dog owners in Berkeley! I've encountered way too many while running, yet never bitten so I guess there's not too much to complain about there ;)
Anyways, Berkeley you've been good to us. I can't believe that Berkeley was actually the last law school I wanted Jeremy to attend at one point. What a cliche, but I couldn't imagine spending the last 3.5 years anywhere else!! We will miss you!
Anyways, Berkeley you've been good to us. I can't believe that Berkeley was actually the last law school I wanted Jeremy to attend at one point. What a cliche, but I couldn't imagine spending the last 3.5 years anywhere else!! We will miss you!


Laney with her friend June during one of their many playdates
As an update: We are moving for 3.5 months to Fremont with Jeremy's parents. Then when the new baby comes we will move to Pleasanton with my mom. Then 3-4 weeks later Jeremy will leave for Officer boot camp in Alabama for 4 weeks. Then when he gets back in late July we will move to wherever we are stationed. We should know where that is sometime in March. Once we know, we'll shout it from the roof tops!!



3 comments:
I can't believe that this day is really here. PROMISE ME that you will still hang out every now and then, and grace us with your presence at ward events. I am so excited for your baby girl, please keep in touch always!
Nathan still won't own up to kissing Kaiyah. Love the pics of our girls. Since I just saw you on Friday, it hasn't sunk in yet...
We miss you already! I'm going to actually have to look at your blog so that I know what you guys are up to. I hope the move went as smooth and easy as it possibly could have. Can't wait to see your updates from your new life! Come see us soon... I'll think of a reason, don't worry. Oh, how about the Enrichment night in March? :)
Post a Comment