Friday, November 21, 2008

He Passed....But I already knew he would!!!!

WARNING: I'm about to do some bragging about my hubby!

Jeremy is officially an Attorney admitted to the California Bar Association (update: Jeremy informed me after I posted this that he does still need to be sworn in, but whatever you get the point). I had no doubt that Jeremy would pass the bar exam. In fact, when family and friends told us to make sure we called them once we got the results I would say, "He passed. There I just called you." That's how confident I was that he would pass and this is my reasoning why.
I've blogged a few times at the real success that truly matters in which Jeremy has achieved. He is the greatest husband and a tremendous dad to our girls. I honestly could not have dreamed of a more supportive, gentle, loving man. Anyways, here is a little of his superficial success and the reasoning of why I knew he passed all along. Whenever Jeremy took a final exam or huge test like the LSAT or MCAT (which he scored in the 98th and 96th percentile respectively in) he would come home and I would always ask how he think he did. I would get one of two responses EVERY time. He'd either say, "Eh, I did OK," or "Um, I don't know." Which drove me crazy when the test results would come back. I mean come on, can you really not think you did well? Again, another difference between Jeremy and I, he is much more humbler than me!! Anyways, when he came home from taking the bar exam I asked how he thought he did. To my astonishment he did not give me the usual, expected reply. Instead he said with a smile, "I think I did well." I KNEW it then. For him to answer so confidently was reason enough for me to know he passed.
For those of you who don't know, Jeremy will be joining the Air Force as a JAG attorney for at least the next 4 years and then we'll see where the road takes us. In the coming weeks we should find out when Jeremy will leave for his 4 week boot camp and 2 month JAG schooling in Alabama. It'll be either January 12th through April or he'll go to boot camp in March and then go back to Alabama for the schooling in July and August. Either way he starts working in April at wherever we're assigned. Hopefully within a couple weeks they'll give us our 2-3 options of where we will be assigned. We were hoping somewhere foriegn but now that I'm pregnant we are hoping for Florida, North Carolina, or Colorado. Unfortunately, California is one of the last bar results to come in so we may have slim pickings and our desirable places may already be snagged up. That's ok. This is the path that our Heavenly Father has undoubtedly set aside for us and we're confident we'll head to where we'll learn, serve, and grow the most. Thank heavens for that knowledge!!

12 comments:

Ritters said...

Congrats! What a nice feeling to know that it is all over now. Good luck in all that your future holds. What a wonderful adventure you will be on. We wish you all the best.

Tristen said...

Wow!! I'm so excited for you guys! I know you were sure, but I'm guessing it must feel great to take another step forward!! We think Jeremy is amazing too! Kind, level, and just an all-around fantastic kind of guy. We're so grateful for you guys.

April said...

Congrats on passing!! Let us know as soon as you do where you'll be going!!

Jenn said...

Congrats!! We are happy for you, sad for us. Let us know all the plans and how they play out. I knew he would too.

Marianna said...

This is huge! I had now doubt that he'd pass, but it's huge 'cause now you can get on with life! :)

Marianna said...

Oh, I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Deon said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so proud of you. I am so excited that you guys are joining the Air Force! My vote is North Carolina!!! That would be so awesome! What a long road that you, as a family, have completed together. What a great feeling that you can now start the next chapter of your lives. We are so happy for your family.

AP said...

Congratulations Jeremy!! We are so excited for you guys. It sounds like the next few months will be busy and exciting! We will keep our fingers crossed that you get one of your top three location choices.

Karen said...

How exciting! Congrats to Jeremy for being such a hard working awesome guy, and congrats to you for being such an amazingly supportive wife. But I'm so sad hearing all of your upcoming plans... you'll be gone way too soon!

Jeni said...

Holy cow, I knew he would pass, but it's just nice to finally know. CONGRATS! This is huge!

How much does Jeremy charge for tutoring for Jason? :)

Mindi said...

Congratulations to all! I wish you were sticking around here. Nathan isn't going to like having to find a new girlfriend.

Britney said...

I'm so far behind on my comments...

Congrats Jeremy! We knew he would pass too!

What a cherry on top of your fun day!