Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckely


Today was the funeral for The Prophet of my church, President Hinckely. As I reflect on the man he was, I begin to get overwhelmed. I remember the first time I saw him in person. There are only a handful of times that I have felt the spirit so strong and as powerful as I did that day. I knew he was a man of God and all that he preached was true.

The one attribute I will remember most is how optimistic he was. Tonight I was reflecting on why it could have been that he was so optimistic, even during a time when there are tons of reasons to be pessimistic. Then I realized it was simply because he was a good man. When we are living our lives right and feel we are in good standing with the Lord, we naturally are optimistic. I want to be more like President Hinckely and his memory will forever be embedded in my heart.

1 comment:

Britney said...

Great post. I agree completely.