Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We Love Our Troops!


Last night Kaiyah took part in her first protest, besides her daily ones of not wanting her hair brushed, going to bed, etc :) Protestors gathered last night infront of City Hall in Berekely. The City of Berkeley did not want a Marine recruitment office in Berekely, which recently opened up about 100 steps from our home. Protesting has been going on ever since. Needless to say, there are days we hear a lot of honking and shouting. In short, last night there were 2 sides. One opposing the war and specifically the marine recruitment office and the other side, those supporting our troops and the marine office. We love our troops! It's the right of americans to have the freedom of choice to join the military and fight for the freedoms we each enjoy everyday.

Last night was a great opportunity for Jeremy and I to talk to Kaiyah about how special America is and how there are people called "troops" who work so hard to ensure our freedom and safety. Kaiyah had no shame and over and over ,with pride, she loudly shouted, "We love our troops!"

4 comments:

Tristen said...

That is AWESOME!!! How fun that you guys were able to go over there and protest! Cute Kaiyah!

Kelly Jensen said...

We saw that protest on the news! It looks like it got pretty heated. Hope you weren't by one of those pink ladies... they looked pretty serious. I am linking you to my blog-- I am glad you found mine!

Britney said...

Pretty exciting! I wish I would have come with you! Let me know about the next one.

Thanks for letting us come to your roof the other night. Sorry about the wait!

Mindy said...

Wow! I haven't been on your blog in forever, and what do I find? Indoor skydiving, protests, massage... I love your life! You go girl!!!