Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Preschool for Laney



Some of my friends and I have started a preschool with our kids. We rotate eachothers homes weekly. The kids go Tuesday-Thursday from 9:30-12. Laney LOVES it. She feels like a big girl. I'm happy she finally has something special for her to do. The second week was at my home and we did the letter B and color Red. We try to incorporate a job that starts with that letter, an animal, and/or a general theme like Circus for the letter C for example. Anyway, when I had them we did silly balloon faces one day and another we talked about being beekeepers. We painted 'gear' out of paper bags and put on our armor and went bee catching aka popping bubbles. We encourage imagination play :). We got the honey from the bees and ate it for our snack. We even went 2009 and watched a Youtube video of a real beekeeper. The kids has a great time. Even though Laney is the only girl she holds her own and can't wait each week to go.





2 comments:

April said...

Yeah for Laney. Aliza is loving Joy school this year too! What curriculum are you using? I've done joy school and Mother Goose Time. Both are really great. Have fun with it!

Ritters said...

Sounds like so much fun!