Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade


My posers


Speaking of Back to School, Kaiyah started 1st grade at the end of August. There were so many unexpected K-2nd graders b/c of new housing in the area that they ended up adding more classes after the first day of school. Kaiyah was pulled out of her class and put into a 1st/2nd grade class. There are only 6 first graders and the rest our second graders and mostly boys. We'll see how that goes. But I did find out that her new teacher is a member of our church and in the Stake Primary Presidency so she must be good right?!?! Kaiyah has enjoyed it thus far. She is really growing up and lucikly talks about everything with me. Things her friends say and do, how she's feeling about things in general, boys, etc. Hopefully, I can keep her confidence in years to come and she'll keep opening up to me about 'everything.' She has really matured in the past few months. A funny comment from her. Our nieghbors are 2 boys, 3 and 4. The oldest, Mitchell was at our house the other day and Kaiyah said, "I can't help it but the more I look at Mitchell, the more I want to marry him." It gave me a good chuckle. Should I be worried that she also asked if she could have a sleep over with him? Oh, the innonence :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kaiyah looks so grown up in these pictures. Tell her "hi" from me!

AP said...

I agree, I can't believe how much she has grown up. Did you straighten her hair? The ABC party spunds like fun, what a cute idea for a party. Sounds like you guys are settling in quickly. Is Laney in preschool?