Friday, August 21, 2009

The Rest of the House


My 'happy' space! This chair was my big splurge. It was the one piece of furniture that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. All the other furniture I had to buy I will say I liked but not loved initially. Wichita Falls has a very limited selection. I visited every single furniture store, yup all 4, and this was the best I could find! We had to buy 2 couches, a desk, a chest and we still need a few more little pieces.

Money may not buy you happiness but a house does. Really, it is true. We are all much happier when it comes to the day to day things. With more space we have playdates almost every day, a yard to kick the kids out to when I need some quiet time, the kids can run and jump without me telling them to stop so the people below us won't be bothered (gotta love apt living!), and I already mentioned the easy bedtime now that they have their own rooms. I could go on but I won't. Here are the pictures of the main rooms of the rest of the house. It feels good to be getting settled.









Really this kitchen has way too many cupboards. If you look close you can see part of our pantry as well. That too is huge and a constant reminder that I need food storage to fill it up. That is on my list of things to do. Oh, and that reminds me, no picture, but we do have a storm closet for us to run to when tornados come!! Exciting huh?

3 comments:

Britney said...

Love the house and LOVE the chair! Good splurge!

I completely agree, a house can buy happiness :) I too am so much more at ease. I don't have to say NO every minute to my kids (no running, no jumping, no yelling, no being a kid basically).

I still can't believe you've done this all on your own! I would have sat down and cried and waited for Dave to get home. You're amazing!

Jeni said...

I am in LOVE with that chair. It's seriously amazing.

I love that you say a house can buy you happiness. I totally agree because I'm about to go crazy right now living in our crap hole apartment. I. Hate. The Village.

I also love your red sofa and the arrangement of black frames on your hallway. I would've done the exact same thing. How cool that you have so much space to live your life now. You guys deserve it!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love your house. I hope we can come visit...someday.