
(Thou shalt not covet, but I have waited to live in a house of our own for 7 years and I am a sinner at the moment)
I must have been operating off of adrenaline b/c I was going non-stop all day. Once we arrived at the airport we took a taxi to the housing office and met with the base housing people. I signed the lease and then the kind lady drove us to our new home. Jeremy's mom and Grandpa were driving our car out here for us from California and they had just arrived by base as our appointment was ending (Can we say PERFECT timing). And by the way, that is an entire story on its own as to why my in-laws drove our car out. That wasn't the original plan but due to a dishonest car shipper (don't ever use Country Wide Auto) we needed another way to get our car here. They were troopers with only a 2 day notice so thank you again Marta and Grandpa Harline!!
The lady then drove us to the visitor center so we could meet up with my in-laws b/c their not allowed on base unless I sponsor them on. As I meet up with them I get a call from our moving company saying our moving truck will be at our new place in 10 minutes. Again, perfect timing. I pull up, then they pull up and I start to unload our stuff. Mainly so we have somewhere to sit instead of the ground and so I have some toys for the girls to play with. I then made my first trip to the commissary and spent $270 in less than an hour. I would have spent more but my cart was already overflowing!! I also went and rented a moving dolly and then grabbed McDonald's for dinner and then an hour later a few couples came over from the ward with their kids and we all unloaded our truck. Once they left I set the girls up for bed and then I myself crashed! The next few days consisted of running around buying things we needed, meeting with offices on base to set up things like finance, more housing stuff, and other "stuff" most of you wouldn't understand. Not too mention that I hardly understand half of this military "stuff" and lingo.
Anyway, we are happy to be here in our new home. (Literally new. We are the first people to ever live in this house!)
The lady then drove us to the visitor center so we could meet up with my in-laws b/c their not allowed on base unless I sponsor them on. As I meet up with them I get a call from our moving company saying our moving truck will be at our new place in 10 minutes. Again, perfect timing. I pull up, then they pull up and I start to unload our stuff. Mainly so we have somewhere to sit instead of the ground and so I have some toys for the girls to play with. I then made my first trip to the commissary and spent $270 in less than an hour. I would have spent more but my cart was already overflowing!! I also went and rented a moving dolly and then grabbed McDonald's for dinner and then an hour later a few couples came over from the ward with their kids and we all unloaded our truck. Once they left I set the girls up for bed and then I myself crashed! The next few days consisted of running around buying things we needed, meeting with offices on base to set up things like finance, more housing stuff, and other "stuff" most of you wouldn't understand. Not too mention that I hardly understand half of this military "stuff" and lingo.
Anyway, we are happy to be here in our new home. (Literally new. We are the first people to ever live in this house!)


2 comments:
oh my I am tired and stress just reading your posts! I am so proud of you! Wow I don't think I could of handled my three kids and all the craziness by myself. You are such a trooper! I was so excited when I finally had a washer and dryer in my house and not down the path from our apartment. Having a house will make things so much easier for you.
A brand new home?! It doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations! I went to the commissary many times with my sister when her family was in Korea (foreign state dept.). It is nice to have a great variety at good prices. Enjoy!
Post a Comment