This was our first night backpacking at Wade Lake. We got to witness a meteor shower which was so awesome. I saw a huge fireball looking meteor shoot through the sky, plus several shooting stars.
I got home this afternoon from Girl's Camp. Which also means I haven't slept all week. I was the 4th yr. leader and had the same girls that I had last year. I LOVE these girls. Each our very unique which cause for an interesting mix. I think they view me more as a peer than a leader, which I love.
This year we went backpacking for about 11 rigorous miles. At one point we climbed 800 feet in less than 3/4 of a mile. The scenery was incredible and it makes me so grateful for all the beauty the Lord as provided for us.
Girl's Camp would never be complete without some pranking (tee peeing cabins, bear disguising), DRAMA, great food (thanks Susan Parkinson), sleepless nights, rule breaking, crying and laughing. I learned some new lingo like boostie, a minute, and bobo. No, the obvious definition is not the correct one. Also, now that I'm home I have to stop talking like I live in the ghetto and remember to be grammatically correct again.
Anyway, I'm exhausted, even though I took a 2 hour nap late this afternoon. It was worth it though. These are the memories that I treasure. Thanks miss 4th yr. thangs for a wonderful week!
This year we went backpacking for about 11 rigorous miles. At one point we climbed 800 feet in less than 3/4 of a mile. The scenery was incredible and it makes me so grateful for all the beauty the Lord as provided for us.
Girl's Camp would never be complete without some pranking (tee peeing cabins, bear disguising), DRAMA, great food (thanks Susan Parkinson), sleepless nights, rule breaking, crying and laughing. I learned some new lingo like boostie, a minute, and bobo. No, the obvious definition is not the correct one. Also, now that I'm home I have to stop talking like I live in the ghetto and remember to be grammatically correct again.
Anyway, I'm exhausted, even though I took a 2 hour nap late this afternoon. It was worth it though. These are the memories that I treasure. Thanks miss 4th yr. thangs for a wonderful week!
Here 6 of us began making a "sandwich." This is us after we came tumbling down!
According to Terran, Mariella (pictured above) was my favorite. This girl invaded my personal space more than I will describe and told Jeremy to watch out! She is hilarious!








No comments:
Post a Comment