Sunday, August 10, 2008

6 years and going strong

Today is mine and Jeremy's 6th wedding anniversary, though it feels like it has been forever.
Jeremy and I met at a Halloween dance in Provo, UT. I did my usually chase, pursuit, and snag, except usually once I snagged the guy I'd cut him loose. But as you all know Jeremy was different. He was someone I didn't want to live my life without. To think he could have surpassed all my expectations was unthinkable since my expectations were high to begin with. Time and time again Jeremy has put me and my desires above all else. Sometimes it has proven not to have been the best thing for him or our family. Yet he still loves me and forgives me.

Together we are growing. Together we are happy. Together we raise our children. Together we succeed. Together we cry. Together we conquer. If the day ever comes where I would be asked to endure this earth without him, I may not grow, succeed, be happy, or raise our children well but I do promise to cry and conquer so I can be with him again! (Is that too morbid?!?!) I married Jeremy in the temple where we can be together for all eternity. Thank goodness! Thank goodness for the gospel we belong too and the strength it gives us in our lives together. (Can you tell I just got home from church?!?!)

I LOVE YOU JEREMY!!! Happy 6 years to us!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Yea!! It is soo great to hear others stories and how you make it work today, because we all make it work. You guys are great, so well suited for each other. Happy anniversary. Lets go camping again.

Amy said...

Congratulations you guys!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Happy anniversary. That was sweet. I didn't know how you guys met. That's cute that you met at a Halloween dance. We love Halloween.

Jeni said...

Happy Anniversary! 6 years strong, that's amazing!

So Becca, I can't believe I made you teach the Mia Maids on your flippin anniversary!!! You could've said no! Thanks again! I owe you BIG TIME!

Happy Anniversary! What a great post!

AP said...

Happy Anniversary! I also did not know you met at a Halloween dance, for some reason I thought you met in the bay area.
Congratulations!

Britney said...

Happy Day to you two!