Our first stop was the Oberhofen Castle. We were able to tour it and the girls loved imaging it was their home. They particularly like the fact that there was an entire room dedicated to getting dressed.
From there we saw a stunning view of Lake Thun which we walked along and played in a little after our tour.
We camped for 2 nights in Interlaken, Switzerland. Our campgrounds were right in the valley between the Alps in a town called Lauterbrunnen. The first morning we walked to the train station and caught a cog train up the mountain to Wengen. You can only access these towns via train or gondola.
From Wengen we caught the gondola up to Mannlichen where we began our hike to Klein Schldiegg.
Kaiyah and I made the strenuous hike to the peak at Mannlichen.
The Alps! It was a perfect low 70's and sunny!
Laney was a trooper
This is the cemetery in Lauterbrunnen. All the cemetery's in Europe that I've seen are remarkable like this one. So many colorful flowers and well taken care of. I told Jeremy that I don't care where I am buried but it has to be beautiful like this one.
On the way out we stopped downtown Interlaken for some shopping and chocolate!
Switzerland was everything and more we hoped for. It was breathtakingly beautiful and a place I am anxious to return to.


4 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh! It's like you walked into "The Sound of Music"!!! So jealous!
Rebecca, will you send me your email address? Jed has a neat postdoc opportunity in Europe and I have some questions about how its going for you.
johnsonmarie22@gmail.com
Thank you so much.
ps, I love your blog. SO much.
Oh my goodness, is this what your life is going to look like for the next few years. You all look amazing, I'm glad you're getting already to such neat places. Everyone you know is going to be jealous, including me! Miss you!
Post a Comment