Today has been a good day. I have been SO sick with this pregnancy. I lost 7 pounds in a week and a half. I'm gaining some of it back now, thanks to answered prayers! Before I was pregnant I couldn't lose 7 pounds to save my life. Now is not the time that I want to lose weight. This is the time that it's completely ok to get all big and fat and people will actually congratulate you for it!! I'm ready for my 50+ pound gain that's my average with each pregnancy. I don't want to be sick anymore!
But yet, today was a good day. I feel couped up in this itty bitty space called an apartment so much that I had to get out! We went to Old Navy and hit up the extra 50% off the clearance price for baby clothes. I spent under $35 for 15 items...all baby boy! I suppose I shouldn't be so confident but I figure if it is a girl then I'll have plenty of boy clothes to give away as baby shower gifts.
Then I had my first Doctor's appointment and was given some supposedly good drugs that will help keep my food down. Well so far so good. Because I just ate this delicious meal by my favorite friend, Mindy. Thus far there is NO sign of losing it!! Mindy, is so thoughtful and really the greatest kind of friend out there. She's the kind of friend that makes everyone feel like she is one of your best friends and will do ANYTHING for you. When I move from Berkeley I'm stealing all her creative party & gathering ideas, recipes to impress people, and just her extreme case of generosity. (I guess I don't have to wait on the generosity part!) Anyways, thanks Mindy!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh man, I am sorry you are so sick! It's the worst!!! I had medicine to help with the morning sickness when I was pregnant with Kaylee. What a nice friend to bring dinner. Did you have a ultrasound at your appointment? Let us know if you need anything.
I am so sorry that you have been so awfully sick, but it sounds like you and the baby in your tummy are on the mend. Hopefully I haven't spoke too soon, and let's just hope that food stays down where it needs to be.
Great that you got some retail therapy in too. We all need that sometimes. Especially when it's for a (maybe) baby boy!
I'm glad you had a good day and were able to keep your food down. You didn't get that sick with your girls did you? I'm still so excited that you are pregnant!
I've thought the same thing about Mindy...I'll take her example with me. I am starting to think it can't be duplicated though! :) She is amazing.
I am so glad you are pregnant too! I will send boy vibes your way if you will send them to me for our next (no, I am not pregnant) one.
I second ALL the comments about Mindy! She really is THE BEST! She is so thoughtful of others and is very inspiring!
Glad you had a better day.
Becca, you are WAY too nice to me. :) I just adore you and your family SO MUCH. I sure hope those pills help you! 7 lbs??? You're such a trooper! I'm so excited to see the Price family expand by one more and I hope you won't end up using those boy clothes for baby gifts... :) (You're so funny!!)
Oooh, I want to know what those miracle drugs are for my next. I hope you feel all better now and can start enjoying food again for that little baby boy. ;)
And we can't say enough good about sweet Mindy... she's definitely one of a kind!
Post a Comment